Lapping & Polishing
A full industrial-grade solution for wafer-level thinning
Helia’s wafer thinning and polishing platform is ISO9001:2015 certified and comprises a computerized wafer-to-substrate bonding unit, a highly automated Logitech™ PM6 precision lapping and polishing system, as well as a multi-step wet cleaning suite.
The platform also benefits from extensive in-house metrology (ultra-low force contact gauge for point TTV measurements, SEM, and optical microscopy) which ensures customer-specific processes can be developed and maintained to the highest accuracy.
Automated PM6 lapping & polishing system
A 200µm-thinned, polished device wafer is measured for thickness variation after release from its processing carrier
- Grinding & CMP of full wafers up to 4’’ (or cleaved larger wafers)
- Advanced processes available for a variety of substrates
- Product-optimised “recipes“ developed in-house by our highly experienced team with constant customer feedback
- Automated bonding and thinning; real-time process control allows thickness targeting to within 5µm for accuracy-critical applications
- Cleanroom standard wet cleaning suite with acetone, Ecoclear and IPA baths & IPA Soxhlet vapour still
- Direct compatibility with downstream processes at Helia (e.g. back-metallisation, wafer cleaving and coating)