An IS09001:2008 & British Standard Kitemark company
Helia are constantly looking at global developments in photonics devices and ensuring that processes are in place to address these ever-demanding requirements.
Active areas of internal research & development include:
- Lifetime enhancing AR coatings for GaN lasers
- Lifetime enhancing OC coatings for AlGaAs lasers
- Ultra-broadband AR coatings for LWIR QCLs
- Tight-edge dichroics for Silicon detectors
- IBS and
ALDfor photonics devices
- Low energy deposition for organic devices
To span the spectral requirements and encompass the material systems involved Helia employ several different optical coating technologies.
Helia Photonics are active in development & research with organisations such as the Technology Strategy Board, The Scottish University Physics Alliance (SUPA) & the Small Companies Innovation Scheme.